Saturday, August 25, 2012

Life Lessons From Depression, With Love

When I suffered PTSD, it took willpower to smile, if you can believe that. I should have known something was wrong when my smile became quirky & crooked. Eventually, my smile became unquirked, and my PTSD worked itself out. I know that it's possible to get over this without meds, but seeing a professional to talk things out will lead to a proper discussion, proper diagnosis, and more options in treatment. Some people don't want to see anyone about their symptoms, which is why I'm sharing my life lessons right here on this website. A few things that I'm able to share are a few things I probably knew already, but forgot. Some of them are listed below:

· Get into believing that you are an essential part of the universe.
· Get into believing the universe is in order & you can be, too.
· Get into the thrill of being in your skin.
· Get into the joy of being your own best friend
· Get into the routine of respecting yourself.
· Get into appreciating the little things.
· Get into celebrating your assets, no matter how small.
· Get into accepting the things you cannot change.
· Get into the joy of living one day at a time, even if you planned 2 months ahead.
· Get into the practice of forgiving yourself and others.
· Get into protecting your natural environment--it's where you live.
· Get into self-respecting and appreciating who you are.
· Get into accepting you cannot be all things to all people.
· Get into being true to yourself because you are perfect just as you are.
· Get into a balanced lifestyle which consists of bitter & sweet experiences.
· Get into believing you can change past behaviors and become a better person.
· Get into being your personal best one day at a time.


(c) 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment