Saturday, May 28, 2016

On Memorial Day, I try to remember the laughing, dancing, joking, and precious moments lived.

Memorial Day Tribute:

Letter to my brother who died while serving in the U.S. Army


Dear Junior,

How is every thing for you?  According to mom, things with you are just great!! You missed a nice family reunion.  Well, it was pretty nice even if half the relatives went to a restaurant, while the others had a cookout.  Our sister's children are just beautiful.  They're not babies anymore. Her last one is such a beautiful baby!! He looks exactly like his father.  He has huge dimples and dark eyes and eyebrows, just like his dad. Her oldest one is very large. He is nice,  but he does have a special ability to irritate the heck out of you. 

Our brother D and his wife have a new house on Grande Blvd. It's really large and in a nice neighborhood.    They're making it. They're also expecting their third baby, due in a short time. Our brother CL is the local playboy now that he has his new car. Your little sister, Nan, is getting prettier and she's talking about getting "saved." Yeah, you heard me right. She's also talking about turning away from the church we grew up in.

I'm still very interested in this guy, the one I told you about. If all goes as planned we might send you a wedding invite in December. 

Mom is still looking good in her new car. I love that car--it's just beautiful. I'll be glad when I get one--a new one.

I received your letter the other time but Nan didn't see it yet.  I'm sorry about that. Write her one yourself. You are too much. You had me laughing all over the place about what you said about your new friend. Anyway, you'd better hope you're in luck. Or else (smile).  

Take care and write soon. Your sister,

MD


"Sleep on son and take your rest we all love you but the Lord loves you best. R.I.P."
(Words written by his mother and inscribed on his tombstone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment