Monday, June 11, 2012

Travel often--with a partner or solo because it's the right thing to do, fun too!

Sometimes you want something different when it comes to brightening up your day. Traveling always brightens up my day. I've just returned from a family reunion (not usually the most relaxing atmosphere but this one was different and quite relaxing). This one was held in Dallas, TX at a very nice hotel and for a very reasonable price. There's something about nice hotels that make me think I've traveled across the universe. When it comes to traveling, you don't need to go too far, just far enough. My flight to Dallas wasn't nonstop, and unfortunately or fortunately we suffered multiple delays before the flight was cancelled altogether. I ended up spending the night at the Clarion Hotel near LaGuardia Airport. I was in 7th heaven because instead of airport food, I was able to find a little bodega specializing in bacon & egg on a roll for $2.50. Believe it! Only in New York! After walking around the neighborhood in that section of Queens, I took the shuttle to the airport. Nothing special about having your flight cancelled, except getting to visit my home town if only for a moment or two--and those free round trip tickets to anywhere the airline flies. Now, the challenge is to find an available seat to an acceptable destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment